Job Description: Building Support Specialist
In this role, you are collaborating with and directly reporting to the Head of School to support students and staff where needed. Aligned with Atlas’ mission, you will bring your drive, creativity, and growth mindset to help make Atlas’ vision a reality.
In this role, you will be assigned various daily tasks that will look different on a day-to-day basis. These tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as a substitute teacher when a team member is absent.
- Help plate and deliver breakfast and lunches.
- Greet students at arrival and help facilitate dismissal.
- Support related arts teachers when needed.
- Help students make transitions throughout the building (e.g., restroom, related arts, special services).
- Assist with attendance, late arrivals, and breakfast.
- Support with Operation Food Search efforts.
- Cover maternity/paternity leave of absences.
- Support students both emotionally and academically in a variety of ways such as providing motor time for kids who need extra movement, running reading intervention groups, and holding social skills groups.
- Push in as the second or third teacher in the room when needed.
- Support students with special needs including children with 504 plans, one-on-one, or in a general education classroom setting.
- Other tasks as determined by the leadership team.
- Canvass neighborhoods with student recruitment flyers.
- Work tables at ECCs to recruit students to Atlas.
- Assist families with student registration paperwork.
- Qualified with ideally 2 years teaching and/or counseling experience at the elementary level.
- Knowledgeable of positive behavioral interventions and support.
- Able to build positive relationships with students, staff, parents, and community members.
- Passionate about our purpose and the social impact we aspire to create.
- Committed to educational equity.
- Charismatic self-starter and highly resourceful.
- Persistent, adaptable, innovative and want to continuously improve and grow.
- Creative and collaborative in a changing and agile environment.
In order to teach at Atlas Public Schools, you must:
- Provide an official transcript demonstrating graduating from an undergraduate institution
- Pass a background check complete Family Care Safety Registry
- Demonstrate eligibility to work in the United States
What we offer you:
- Join a community where whole-child education takes center stage, and where place-based learning, integrated studies, and authentic hands-on experiences are at the core of continuous innovation.
- Have opportunities to get out of the box you have been teaching in, implement your ideas, and incorporate new learning methods.
- Earn competitive compensation and health, dental, and vision benefits.
Atlas Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer. We seek applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you up for your next challenge and ready to join the Atlas family and embark on this journey with us? If so, please apply by clicking HERE or click the button below.