Our team is excited to announce that Atlas Elementary will be located in the Educational Building at 2845 Washington Ave, right in the heart of St. Louis’ Midtown neighborhood! The building, owned by Central Baptist, is situated within walking distance of Saint Louis University and Harris-Stowe State University, the fantastic resources and attractions in Grand Center, and St. Louis staples such as the Aquarium at Union Station. The building will serve as our home for Atlas’ first 2-3 years of operation while we work to build our dream school in the Midtown area.
Here are a few details about the space:
- The Education Building was a school in the past and currently has six classrooms, offices, a full commercial kitchen, several bathrooms, and a large gym with a stage. We will make minimal improvements to this space, such as painting walls, but the building itself is in great shape.
- While we are leasing from Central Baptist Church, Atlas will remain nonsectarian in its programs, admission policies, and other operations.
- There will be ample parking for families and staff.
- While there is no traditional playground connected to the Educational Building, we will convert one of the large parking lots into an outdoor play area with tricycles, nets, balls, and other outdoor equipment and activities.
- Atlas has already obtained all permits needed to occupy the existing Educational Building.
- Atlas also plans to renovate the building next door at 2837 Washington Ave to convert the space into five additional classrooms. Construction is set to begin soon, and the project is slated to be completed by August 1, 2021.
We know that you are excited to tour the building, and we are excited to show it to you. Unfortunately, we cannot give in-person tours just yet, but we hope to have a virtual tour posted soon.