Our team is excited to announce that we will be located in the Educational Building at 2845 Washington Ave in the heart of St. Louis’ Midtown neighborhood. The building is owned by Central Baptist and is located within walking distance to the campuses of Saint Louis University and Harris-Stowe State University, the amazing resources and attractions in Grand Center, as well as St. Louis staples such as the Aquarium at Union Station.
Here are a few details about the space:
- The building will serve as our home for Atlas’ first 2-3 years of operation while we work to build our dream school in the Midtown area.
- The Education Building was a school in the past and currently has 5 classrooms, offices, a full commercial kitchen, several bathrooms, and a large gym with a stage. We will do minimal improvements to this space such as painting walls, but the building itself is in great shape.
- We are currently working on construction drawings and gaining bids to build out 5 additional classrooms in an adjacent building that is currently not in use but is owned by Central Baptist. We are working as hard as we can to get these renovations completed by this summer and ready for the first day of school in September.
- While the building will be leased from Central Baptist Church, Atlas will remain nonsectarian in its programs, admission policies, and all other operations.
- Atlas has a letter of support from Alderwoman, Marlene Davis who is excited for us to be located within her ward.
- There will be ample parking for families and staff.
- While there is not currently a traditional playground connected to the Educational Building, we will convert one of the large parking lots into an outdoor playgroup with things such as tricycles, nets, balls, and other outdoor equipment and activities to make sure kids get the outdoor play they love and need.
- Atlas has already obtained all permits needed to occupy the existing Educational Building.
- We will be adding Atlas signage to the building.
We know that you are excited to see the building, and we are excited to show it to you. Unfortunately, we are not able to give in-person tours just yet but hope to have a virtual tour posted in the near future.